MSPBJ reports that Toppers Pizza is rapidly adding stores in Minnesota, with four opening in the next two months plus another three opening this spring.
The seven new pizzerias will double the Whitewater, Wis.-based chain’s presence in Minnesota. The new stores are part of a predicted national growth from 50 to 75 locations in 2014.
Here’s a rundown of the new Minnesota Toppers:
- A Winona location, at 129 E. Third St., will open in the next few days.
- Franchisees Brad Vinton and Dan Ogiba will open a Falcon Heights pizzeria in January at the intersection of Snelling Avenue and Larpenteur Avenue.
- Derek Henze will open a St. Louis Park Toppers in February at 5618 36th St.
- A Rochester location (the city’s second) will open in February.
- A Stadium Village Toppers will open this summer near the University of Minnesota’s Minneapolis campus. Redevelopment closed a previous Stadium Village location.
- Barry and Jennifer Friends have signed leases to open two locations this spring. One is in Minnetonka near the Highway 7/Highway 101 intersection. The second is in Plymouth, near the Rockford Road exit of 494.
Toppers also has contracts for a St. Paul location and a St. Cloud location, but no sites have been chosen yet.